Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Narrative - Hovercraft by Ethan

Hovercraft
                                                                                             By: Ethan
Building good relationships with your family is important. I’m lucky enough to have a great one with my grandpa.
We get on the highway. VRRM! I hear the sounds of motorcycles I.’m not very exited. I think about what I’m going to do today by myself because my grandma is probably at a book talk or at church. I have a great idea I’m hoping my grandpa will have time to do it with me today.
I think of all of this while a blur of colors blows by me. It looks super cool a mixture of green and blue from the sky and trees. My grandpa is very fun to be with when he doesn't have to work.
One time when I was 5 I went over to grandpa’s house. My mom dropped me off at the front door like usual. But this time my grandma came to the front door. When I got inside I didn’t see my grandpa so I knew he was working. My grandma snuck up behind me and said “I have to go to church. I can turn the T.V. on and make you some popcorn if you want.”
“Ok” I said. Pop! Pop! I hear the popcorn in the other room. so for the next 2 hours I sat on the couch wishing my grandpa didn’t have to work. When my grandpa is here we usually play a lot of pingpong. I am lucky enough to have a great grandpa who is very funny and kind. I have always dreamed of being able to build things with him in the future.
We pull into the driveway and I see my grandpa coming out of the door my mom drops me off. “Have fun E”, she said.
“Love you too” but she doesn't hear me thankfully otherwise I probably would have been grounded. I get up to the front steps and hug my grandpa.
We go inside and I take in the smell. It smells like fresh baked cookies. I think well grandma’s home or was a couple of minutes ago because my grandpa doesn't bake. I ask him if grandma is home and he told me that she is asleep. It was then that I ask him if we can build a hovercraft if he doesn't have any work to do. He says “let's do it!” He knows I love when he says it because it sounds just like the Nike quote just do it.
When we get outside we go into the garage. The garage is always cramped and dirty but there is a small work bench with a bunch of tools. I love that tiny workbench. I love it so much that I almost ran up to it and hugged it. We got to work. VROOM! The saws were so loud I thought I might go deaf. didn’t realize how long we had been working. “Grandpa how long have we been working?”
About 2 hours” he replied. I stifled a curse, my mom would be back soon. After that we worked as fast as we could. We didn’t need to talk are hands did that for us. We were like 2 well oiled machines that were programed to work together. SCREECH! My mom pulled into the driveway. I hadn’t even tried it out yet. I needed a distraction, I thought for a moment, Grandma! “Wait one moment grandpa I will be right back.”
I went to go find grandma, I ran down the hall. There she was on the computer. “Grandma I need your help.”
“What for?”
“I need you to start a conversation with my mom so Grandpa and I can finish what we're building.”
“Fair enough, I’ll be right there.”
“Thanks, your the best.” I run back outside and back into the garage. We started working on our hovercraft again but this time are hands were like fire spreading in a forest fire. I worked furiously because my grandpa was starting to get tired and he can’t work very fast when he is tired. “Grandpa are you okay?” A minute later he responds with an I’m good. I see my grandma come out, she has two cups of honey flavored tea and chocolate chip cookies in her hands.
We put on the finishing touches.
I run back inside to tell them that were done, and that I want them to come and watch. I could tell my mom was just getting comfortable because she was reluctant to get up, but she did. when they got outside I put the hovercraft on the driveway and turned it on.
Timeout! Let me clear something up before we get to the end of my AWESOME story. This isn’t a very cool hovercraft like the one’s in star wars but you do what you can with limited resources and time, but I’m tellin ya if we had more time because of my awesomenis it would've looked better than any star wars hovercraft guaranteed.
Back to the story I turned on the hovercraft and it started to hover. I think it’s really working. I was so excited that I almost ran into a car. I was having so much fun I didn’t even realize how much time flew by. “Come on E” my mom said. I hustled back to the garage to help clean up. “Can I keep it grandpa?”
“Sorry buddy, maybe next time.” He says, But that's alright with me because I will always have it in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment