Tuesday, March 1, 2016

5th Grade Field Trip by Ava

Our trip to the Planetarium was fun! We got to observe MARS and what was on it, and we got to go to the STAR SHOW and the MAKERSPACE.  My personal favorite was the STAR SHOW, because it was SO in-depth, and I thought that it was very cool. The Planetarium is basically connected to the Science Center. When we got off of the bus, I was paired with my friend Ollie. So we got to stick together the whole time! We headed up to the MAKERSPACE first, and it was so cool! There was a build-your-own-ship station, there was a test gravity station where you place the sphere a little tube, you pull a lever, it floats, and then you can try to make ithrough a little hoop. Next to that, there was a MARS exhibit. It included a wheel, with sand. It was basically like a stamp,with a ‘redo’ button.

Next was the second part to the MARS exhibit. There was a REAL ROVER! You could control it, and it was super cool! Then, everybody in the grade went to the star show. I was 15 minutes late (Ask me why…) and then I went to the star show. When I walked into the pitch black room, I could literally not see ANYTHING! So instead of the mats that were sprawled out across the floor,  I Just sat down on the ground. After the Star Show was over, we were dismissed to go check out little space things, in a room behind us. I found my friends, and then we checked it out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment