Friday, December 11, 2015

Awesome Claymo Day

Today we had another great Claymo lesson that was based on the book the tale of Despereaux. We watched a video of the story read by our librarian, and made a mural to put up in the school. The mural we made was to say how even if we have fears or are nervous we need to be courageous. During my time so far as a Claymo leader, I have have learned that I have the ability to teach a group of kids and teach myself at the same time! One thing that is going well in my Claymo group is how everyone listens to one another and doesn’t goof off. They are an awesome group of kids! A challenge that still lingers in my group is a lack of ideas when we have a project to do. I usually am the one who has to come up with ideas. Our lesson today was about being courageous. I made sure my group understood the big idea of this lesson by explaining that being courageous isn’t just about being brave. It is about standing up for what you think is right, or keeping your beliefs even if it is unpopular to do so. I am so excited for our future meetings, but I do have some goals for my team. My goal for my team is to get better at thinking up ideas. I will try to make this happen by not thinking up ideas myself, but letting them do it all on their own -( with a tiny bit of help.) I am so happy I have the team I do, and I can’t wait to see what we do next. “Yay”!!!

                    How do you think Claymo helps students on teams and fifth grade leaders become better people in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment