Sunday, November 9, 2014

Crash Sequel according to Kate

The Adventures of Crash Coogan: Part 2 By: Kate

“On your mark, get set…..GO!” You could barely notice the individual people, that’s how fast they were. They sped by us as we cheered and I waved my hands in the air. Penn’s grandfather (he told me to call him Henry) squeezed my shoulder from behind, nervously. On my right stood Jane squealing and jumping up and down. On my left stood Scooter, smiling, right hand clutching onto his cane.
    “Abay!” He cheered.
    “And the Penn Relays have begun!” The announcer yells. Some eighth grader from two districts away was in first. Penn was in third, huffing and puffing even though they were only almost halfway through.
    “And, Penn Webb, seventh grade, passes Leo Howard, eighth grader! A seventh grader is in second place! Can you believe it folks?” The crowd goes wild especially Henry, Jane, Scooter, and I.
    Leo is right on Penn’s heel, but Penn blasts out so fast that his previous run was equal to a jog even though he was sprinting. Leo was at least 10 feet away from Penn, but at the same time Penn was shoulder to shoulder with Zach, the eighth grader that was in first place. It all seemed to be happening in slow motion. Penn and Zach were about 5 feet away from the finish line. It was the exact same situation Penn and I were in at the race offs. They must have been one foot away from the red string when I screamed at the top of my lungs, “LEAN!” He leaned and just the right amount. Because he made it. He won. My best friend, Penn Webb won the Penn Relays.
    Right after we we did the race offs at school, I regretted letting Penn win. Now I don’t regret it at all.

4 comments:

  1. I like How you described the book Crash. LOTS of DETAIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great and explanitory sequal, Kate! -Sofi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Asher. I tried to put as much detail as I could because at first it didn't really make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,
    Nice sequel, sounds like what would happen!
    Miguel

    ReplyDelete