Monday, November 2, 2015

Personal Narrative: Beautiful Words

Beautiful words  



By: Seraphina Corbo

            In the second grade, I had a lot of dreams. Some of them realistic, some of them not. But don’t be confused, these are not the types of dreams you have at night. The sad thing was, even the realistic dreams did not come true!  My dreams NEVER came true…..

     Until one sunny,  bright, blue skyed day in November. There was a crisp chill in the air, and the hustle and bustle to get into school was the usual.

               “ Ms.Dolan, what specials do we have today”? I asked.
        “Music, and PE”, she replied. So that’s that, I thought. We stepped down the long stairway, with a few hushes from Ms. Dolan along the way.

    The lights of the music room blinded me, as I had only woken up 30 minutes before that. We sat ourselves down on the very uncomfortable, hard carpeted ground.

“ In 2nd you have opportunity to audition for our fairy- tale musical”! Mrs. Williams told us.
   “Yes, I’ve wanted to do a musical ever since the Buggy opera”! I squealed.Then she went on and on about what the parts where. When she said it I knew right away which part I wanted. Rapunzel! She was my favorite princess of all time! I also look like her. I would be perfect for this part I, thought! When she called for people to audition, I went first. Because I was so eager to get it over with. And to wow.

      I was a little vain back then… I used as much expression as I could, because I wanted it sooooo bad. Mrs. Williams smiled really big at me. “Great job”! I smiled back, and sat down. the thing was, my friend and I were head to head for the same part. That made us both really nervous! “Can I also try- out for the Hansel part”? I asked.
    “ yes Mrs.Williams said. I did that addition too, but it definitely didn’t turn out as well as my Rapunzel audition. A few long days after that, filled with worry and anxious. Mrs.Williams was coming around, handing a FEW people cards! What are those for? I wondered. Then I asked those around me but they didn’t answer.She came over to me and handed me a card of my very own! I looked, I gasped
    “Oh. My. Gosh”! I exclaimed. Before I had no idea what the cards were for, but I figured out soon enough… On that card was my dream, my destiny!!! But also my horer.

         THE RAPUNZEL PART!!!!!!!!!!!!
     I was extremely shocked what would Iris say?! I was so scared my hands were trembling! But I was also extremely excited and happy!

     “How, how, how”! I screeched at recess, everybody stared. What’s your problem? I thought. but finally after school I got the guts to tell her. We were going to her house after school that day. For some reason it was a long walk to her house.

  “Why so quiet”? I asked her. She grunted, but said nothing. We reached her house and climbed the steep steps. At last we finally reached her room in the apartment  house. “OOOOOOO, AAAAAAA”.......  I took slow deep breaths. “Um…….”
  “What”?! She said a little bit sassy.
  “Well it just so happens that I have the part of Rapunzel”..... Her face turned red, uuuu nooooooo she’s gonna blow, I told myself!

   “AAAAA GGGGG HHHHH”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She screamed her loudest scream in history. I watched her trample into her room, and belly flop onto her bed. Great, I thought. The perfect definition of this is my nightmare!!!


         “Iris, come on, please don’t be mad!”
 “UUUU GGGG HHHH!!!!” She groaned very loudly.
 “I guess I should leave then”... I whispered. “ Okay” she replied…..I ramed my shoes onto my feet, and started out the door. I stepped through the cold stairway, down the icy steps. My voice echoed very loudly as I told her goodbye. I raced home, kicked off my shoes, and flipped onto my bed. I felt bad because I thought I did the wrong thing.

        I drew a bath for myself, just to think myself over.”Whhhhyyyy”! I screeched and pounded on my bath toys. I stepped out, banana sluged into my PJ’s and hit the sack. “I should do my daily ending ceremony”.I told myself, that’s something I did every night back then before bed, when I thought over my day. Tonight’s was:
      
       “Today was not a good day, but one thing is for sure, Iris is not going to talk to me again! (This would be terrible because we were friends since we where 2!!!)     Then I rested my head back, and closed my eyes to dream.

This time to dream about that tomorrow would be better. To dream about her saying nicer words, kinder words. Beautiful words.

No comments:

Post a Comment