Monday, November 4, 2013

Conferences

            Conferences
                By:Abigail

    The first quarter in 5B went very well. Then it was time for conferences, sometimes kids don't go to conferences but in 5B you do. At conferences in 5B what happens is, the child shares their goals and what there good at. Then the teacher shares some things that they think the child is doing good at. That is what I call the circle of complements. The child gets lots of happy things to think about. Except then your have to talk about things that you can improve on. Its not that scary it is just that sometimes not everyone is perfect. Our 5B conferences happen at the brown back table of the 5B classroom. We have it in that spot because everyone can sit together and talk about your progress in school. Happy 2nd quarter.

1 comment:

  1. When it's a teacher/parent/student conference, I'm like mom? I feel sick today. I'm not worried about bad grades or anything, but the FACT THAT I'M TALKING TO A TEACHER AND A STUDENT AT THE SAME TIME. But after the conference I'm like "Why am I not running around in circles screaming my head of."

    ReplyDelete