Monday, November 18, 2013

Diniti's Fantasy Short Story

Phoenix: Elements

Chapter one: Celestia
I stuck my tongue out at her brother and smirked. “Celestia  chose last year” Eragon complained. “ Your sister has been acting very well this year”dad frowned at him. Eragon rolled his his eyes, but his cheeks turned red. “Let’s get this over with.”  Eragon tried to stick his tongue back at me, but Dad flashed him a look .“Revenge”  something somewhere in me bubbled. “I choose..............Aunty !” I smiled. Eragon dropped his jaw when he looked down at the maps.” But- but that’s a peacock farm! No way I’m going there!” Eragon sputtered. “You never learn my dear.” Celest said. Two years ago, you choose Lego City. I sulked silently. Now it’s my turn to drag you behind.” Celestia flicked her hair. Eragon huffed. “ Looks like we got a lot of packing to do?” Dad raised an eyebrow. “ We do” mom agreed.
                   Chapter two: Eragon
   I stared out the car window. “Hey, sis, just out curiosity, why did you choose a peacock farm?” I asked Celestia. “Well dear brother, I knew you bloody hated peafowls farms, and especially Farms full of peafowl poop.” Celestia smirked. “Dad,you don’t like peacocks!” I wailed. “Well, “Another reason to choose this place for summer break; living with peacocks in you bloody Aunt  Margaret's house.” She told me under her breath. “In short, you’re leaving us in a peacock poop house  alone I asked, gripping the car seat. “ Aunt Margaret cleans the house everyday, and you won’t be alone, because she has a couple trainees  that are around your age”- “You’re telling me there are more 15 year olds in a clean peacock poop house, training to take care peacock poop,and they expect us to do the same with peacock poop?” I yelped. “Please don’t say “peacock poop” Eragon; it’s rather rude.” Mom sighed.
I gritted my teeth and glared at Celestia.


       
Chapter three: Celestia
   
    “I guess this is the place” I said to Eragon.  “Like I need reminding” Eragon shivered.
We both stare at a huge red barn. There was a tall metal fence bordering a gigantic stretch of desert like land. And Standing right in front of the barn was Uncle Sam and Aunt Margaret with two teenagers at their side.
I rushed to hug Aunt Margaret and Uncle Sam. Mom always said that I was a adult charmer with my words and movements. Eragon hesitantly followed behind.
“Aunt Margaret! Uncle Sam! It’s so good to see you.” I said, then flashed my picture perfect smile at them, while smirking at Eragon. He settled for a handshake, though when he stuck out his hand at Aunt Margaret, she hugged him anyway. Little boys named Eragon never learned that they can’t avoid bear hugs from their Aunt Margaret.
Uncle Sam had withered white skin, long gray bushy hair on his head and his beard were tied in blue rubber band that were the same the same color as his deep sea eyes. In short, he was the secret twin of the headmaster in the Harry Potter books. Aunt Margaret had turquoise eyes. Her skin was pale white, and her hair was light brown with streaks of silver. If a person looked at me and Eragon compared to our Uncle and Aunt, they would never guess that we were related.  Eragon has caramel skin and short curls of black hair. His eyes are bluish silver, which doesn’t match the rest of him. His nose is rather like a sponge; if he " sharpens" his nose, it'll stay pointed, but really it's just a like anyone else's nose, somewhere between a fat splot on his face and a carrot. The only thing even a little good and not a total disaster is his voice. It has a little edge to it that sounds one and a half voices, so like the ocean, the salty bad-for-eyes ocean. But then again, everything else about him is a down-right failure, so yes, that's the best part. I have skin the color of bubbles on coffee, and yes, black hair like Eragon, except mine comes down in ringlets somewhere between my hip and my shoulder. He says it’s “curly” but that’s only an excuse for the the tangled mess on his dear head. In other words, brother dear and I are completely different from each other and our dear uncle and aunt.
The girl and boy hanging to the sides of the barn stared at us, and we stared back. The girl was like a bead bomb, pretty but probably dangerous. Smooth, sleek, straight black hair hang to her shoulders, not one out of place. Sharp nose and  Ice-cold eyes were feature that made that creepy girl seem really smart. Plus her skin glowed silver. Not glow as in glow, but it was just so pale that it seemed to turn all shimmery. I stared back at her.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your stories Diniti, how do you come up with all these ideas? I remember listening to this story at Mr.T last year. Your very descriptive when you right, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diniti, what a great story!! I love also love your stories. You're very talented. This is Manny. I've had some experience with moving to different places. Also, why did you end the story the way that you did?

    ReplyDelete