Thursday, December 19, 2013

Art: Weaving

The Age of Weaving by Daboh

During art, fifth grade had a lesson of weaving. People became completely obsessed. Then of course we started Free Choice. That's where everyone gets to do whatever project they want. Not surprisingly, everyone went for the weaving station. At first everyone at the weaving station worked with cardboard looms. Then the hats became super popular. There were so many people that wanted to make hats that our art teacher had to actually send an email to parents telling them where to get hat looms for a cheap price. Not one person has finished a hat yet, but there are definitely people that are really close.
    Many people were hoping to finish by winter break and give them as gifts for the holiday, but our art teacher got too busy teaching people how to make hats that she said nobody could finish their hat by winter break. Many people in fifth grade were really inspired by hat-making.

Are you inspired?

3 comments:

  1. This is Manny. Great job, Daboh. Are you done with your weaving? You're right, it grew super popular! I didn't want to do one though. But good job Daboh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manny! No, sadly I didn't finish my weaving because I did something wrong and I had to undo the whole thing. After that I didn't really feel like starting all over again. What do you usually do in art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually go to the drawing station. I feel most comfortable with that. This is Manny, by the way. Anyways, were you sad when you made a mistake and had to redo?

    ReplyDelete