Monday, December 16, 2013

Claymo Lesson #5

     Fifth Claymo Lesson by Manny

    On our fifth Claymo lesson, we cut and tied around a blanket for Children's Hospital. As Claymo leaders, it is really scary to complete a whole lesson without any hitches. This one went very well. In claymo prep we all did not know what to do. That was because our substitute only said this, "You will make cards, cut and tie a blanket." So we all got trapped in confusion. The substitute gave me the what-to-do-in-claymo paper. BingBing is my Claymo partner, and we studied it a couple of times. So we both were ready and prepared.
    To speed it up, BingBing and I were at Claymo while all of our Claymo kids were taking a seat at the desks. I asked them if they have ever gotten a present. Almost all of them raised their hands. A few of the younger kids did not raise their hand. I repeated it, and then all of their hands went up. (When it comes to questions, our group is kinds dead). Some people I let shared. So then I spread the blanket out. "Mrs.Garcia, me, and BingBing are going to cut this," I said. So me and Mrs.Garcia cut a couple of inches. BingBing was not there because he was gonna pass papers out to the kids and then they would fold and make a card. Meanwhile, Mrs.Garcia was done with her side of the blanket while I was almost done with my mine. BingBing was doing a solid job helping kindergartners with their cards and spelling. I was happy. So then me and BingBing switched. BingBing called people over to tie the cuts. I was helping a few of the littler kids with spelling and drawing. When we were done, the blanket looked beautiful,breathtaking, a million other words that are similar to the first two that I said. Kids were done with the cards. And we were going to send them to Children's Hospital. Take a moment to think and put yourself in one of those children's shoes. Would you be happy getting happy cards and blankets? I'm pretty darn sure you would love that. Writing this blog entry feels so special to me because we are helping so many people who are hurt and depressed. And by one, we make them feel better. That is the best gift in the whole wide world. It warms my heart. I have so much to be thankful for right now. And so do the kids. People spending part of their day to make just a simple smile on one kids face. Thanks for reading this post. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment