Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Literacy: Kate Klise

Kate Klise                12/17/14
         By:Anette

    Yesterday, Kate Klise came to visit us!Kate Klise is the author of all the 43 Old Cemetery Road books, and her sister, Sarah Klise, illustrates the book series. I find it VERY interesting that they can work together...... me and my brother wouldn't last A DAY. She told us her first story was about a mouse, who loved Cheetos, and he went to all the towns and stole Cheetos, and at the end he had all the cheetos in the world.  Kate was really young, and she had given the book to her other sister as a gift, and she woke up and found it in the trash.  Her first rejection. But it helped her grow.

    One thing she taught us was the story circle. Imagine a clock. The beginning is at 12'o clock, the problem is at 3 o'clock, the journey is 3 o'clock to 7 o'clock, the OH NO( when the problem appears) is at nine, and the AHHA( where they figure out the problem), and the end is at 11. She told us the mountain didn't work because you're saving everything for the middle, but with a circle everything is balanced and nothing is boring. I like this idea, do you?

4 comments:

  1. I do like the circle idea. I'm planning on using it when ever I write stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't she awesome she would fit in this school!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was super funny and i hope she can come back to visit us again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked kate klise she seemed funny
    kane

    ReplyDelete