Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Literacy: Non-Fiction Reading

Non-fiction Reading
                    By Neha
    This month our class has been working on a non-fiction unit in reading. Non-fiction is about something that is true or really happened. Non-fiction topics vary from sharks to Martin Luther King Jr. We got partners and were asked to select a non-fiction topic that we were both interested in. It was like a book group and we met and talked about what we read  almost every other day.
    There are two different types of non-fiction you could read. The first type of non-fiction you could read is informational. This kind of book has text boxes, pictures, subtitles, glossaries, indexes and table of contents.
The second type is narrative. This time the book is written as a story but still has facts in it about the topic. So I ask you this, what kind of non-fiction do you read?www.flickr.

3 comments:

  1. I love your story!! Its very good!! I hope you write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually read informational.In first grade I read a lot of nonfiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you named both types of non-fiction. My topic was sharks is your topic the titanic.

    ReplyDelete