Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Science: Pendulums!

Science in 5B
By Sunaina
In Science we are in a unit called Force and Motion first when we started we studied pendulums. Have you ever built a pendulum? Well I have. In my investigation I learned the about the movements of a pendulum by creating a 15 second timer pendulum.

In my experiment we first created a pendulum which was 123 cm long and it swung 7 times in 15 seconds. In my second attempt I tried with a shorter string with 32 cm in which it swung 15 times in 15 seconds. In my observations I learned that the longer the string attached to the weight the slower it swings. The shorter the string the faster it swings. I also learned that you must try an experiment multiple times to get an accurate result.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked how you explained your experiment. I did a stringless pendulum experiment and it was pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete