Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Social Studies: Explorer Trading Cards

Explorer and Ship  Trading Cards
                By:Izzy
In fifth grade at glenridge we do explorers,ships or past event projects.  During the process of these we work on trading cards  on one side you need to write facts and information that is true about your topic. Yet on the other side it is completely different because you need to draw an illustration of what you're doing and put the name of the drawing on the side or on top of the card.Then when everyone started getting finished our teacher or Mrs.Barnes made a timeline and asked us when our topic made a big change for the world then she hung them hung them on the timeline for the date period when our topic was famous and well know.

When I made my trading card I did a man named Hernando De Soto and he was famous around the time 1500,on mine I said when he was born,when he died,his family and what he did when he went exploring. When I did the illustration part I had a book with me and I copied (or tried but failed to) a picture and used as my inspiration.  When I wrote his name on it I wrote it sideways.  But when everyone in our class finished they all looked really nice all together because everyone work hard on them.

So will you make a trading card soon?

1 comment:

  1. great post izzy. love the trading card picture

    ReplyDelete