Thursday, October 9, 2014

Math: Alien Math by Miguel

Alien math=AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Miguel

Today, during math time we did alien math.  Alien math is about this guy that crash lands on another planet and learns that if he’s not smart enough, they will destroy earth because earth is in the way of a proposed intergalactic space highway.  We are on the part where he’s just about to leave the planet of the Binarians, creatures that have only 2 heads but no arms or fingers!  CHeck out my other post about binary numbers (aka base 2).  Alien math is so cools because you count in different bases, like in base 6, you count:1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 10, etc. etc.
    I hope you enjoyed my post!

2 comments:

  1. Miguel,
    I love ailien math! I love the decihecsidites. For those who dont know the decihecsidites are ailiens who count in base 16! I,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F!
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miguel, this is a great post! I love the way you went into explaining how the binary system works.

    ReplyDelete