Thursday, October 30, 2014

SS: Speeches to Inform

Social Studies Speeches to Inform

In social studies we are doing a informational speech. This is part of our stepping stones. The speeches are fun and easy. You just teach people about a topic or how to do a thing in 1-5 minutes this is the rubric:

What we are graded on
Circle did poorly and did not show the concepts 0 points
Check did okay and covered what was mostly needed 15 points
Star good job went above and beyond 30 points
Introduction
No introduction or just Hello.
Greeted us and said a little something.
Had a full greeting and intrigued us fully.
Thesis
No thesis or didn’t mention it clearly.
Said “Today I will teach you about this” not specifically telling us the subject.
Clearly states the Thesis in a proper way.
Development
Does not give us any information or does not show the steps.
States some steps or does not fully inform.
Clearly gives step by step instructions or gives us a lot of rich information
Conclusion
No closure or just thankyou and goodbye.
Says “I hope you enjoy, have fun, thankyou goodbye.
Thanks, Wraps it all up like a gift.
    it is fun to do your speech because it is a way to inform the class on a talent and have fun. I enjoyed speeches where people looked like they were actually part of the speech. I like presenting speeches although I get nervous. Do you like public speaking?

6 comments:

  1. The speech to enfrom was awesomeness and Ariana yours was fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really cool and so was your speech. I am ok with public speeches but not with a lot of people because I get sort of nervous also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fancy chart, Ariana:) I loved learning about definitions of Harry Potter words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your chart. Even though I read the Harry Potter, I was still confused on some of the spells.

    ReplyDelete