Friday, October 31, 2014

Writing: The Broken Window

 
    This is a story that I thought funny and enjoyable to read.  So that is why I am sharing this story with all you.  I enjoy it because it is a story I will never forget.

The Broken Window
                                           By Jean

    One day I was playing tennis against the wall.  It was really fun.  I was alone outside because my sister was watching T.V. or sleeping, my brother was most likely playing video games and my mom, well you know how moms are wanting to sleep in as long as they can, but surprisingly she was up.  
    Anyway, I was having fun playing because I could use some exercise.  But it was really annoying when the ball kept going under the car or in the street.  But it was Ok because it was really fun.  
    The ball hit the windows a few times but thankfully they did not break.  That was a relief for me because I would feel so guilty if I broke the window.  Sometimes I hit the ball hard and it went over my head.  Others were soft and bounced right back to me, and some were just right and I could hit it again without it dropping.
    But then I hit the ball wacky, wild and out of control, and in those few seconds when the ball was in the air I knew what was going to happen like if it were in slow-motion.  Then crash!  It happened once again: a broken window.
I started desperately to pick up the pieces but then I got cut on the foot.  I was even more nervous now because I cut my foot and it might get infected from the dirt on the ground.
Now I was scared, questions were flashing through my head. Will I get in trouble?  What will my mom think?  Will I be grounded? Or will she understand that it was an accident?
    I was running towards the door, my hands trembling when I was opening the doors.  I had to tell my mom.
    "Mom." I said.
    "Yes." she said back.
    "I broke the window again." I said.  My voice was trembling.  I was relieved when I got the response.
    "I understand that it was an accident so it is Ok."
    "I am really sorry." I said
    "It's OK." My mom said.
    And it all turned out being just fine in the end.  
    Did you ever break a window?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jean, It made me laugh in your story when you said that you broke the window AGAIN!!!!!! How did you break it the first time and no I have not ever broken a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miguel aka the guy with the neatest handwritingNovember 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

    Jean,
    Sounds...interesting!!! I loved the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I broke the first well all the windows the same way but I almost broke some windows playing Valley Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never broke a window.I nearly broke some one else's car window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never broke a window before. I am surprised to hear your moms reaction. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again?! Oh my. Jean, I've been to your house, and it needs less windows on the sides.

    ReplyDelete