Thursday, October 2, 2014

Poetry: Apology Poems

An Apologetic Poem
by Ariana

In class we have been doing a poetry unit during writing. We have been learning about a lot of different kinds of poems and how to write them. I love writing poetry because you get to express yourself through a short, cute, and fun way that everyone can enjoy. My personal favorite kind of poem is the apology poem. There are lots of different ways to write apology poems like apologizing to every day objects like to a snowflake. I decided to apologize to a fairy tale character. I chose Sleeping Beauty. Here is my poem:

Apology Poem to Sleeping Beauty

I am sorry sleeping beauty.
I forgot to fluff your pillow.
I forgot to add your comforter.
I forgot to wash your sheets.
I forgot to draw the drapes in your room.
I forgot to leave you a glass of water by your nightstand.
I forgot to get you a new toothbrush.
I forgot to put on the mattress
I am sorry sleeping beauty.
I hope you sleep well!
-Your maid

I hope you liked my poem and I hope you are inspired to make a apology poem of your own!
What is your favorite type of poetry??

No comments:

Post a Comment