Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Poetry: Apology Poems

Please forgive my apology

        by Neha

    In 5B, we just finished our poetry unit in writing. We learned about how to write lots of different poems like; apology poems, idiom poems, odes and many more! My favorite poem to write was an apology poem because you apologize to things you normally don't like a hairbrush and include many reasons why. Or you can twist the ending of a fairytale like princess and the pea and apologize for twisting the ending. Mine is about Cinderella. Check it out!


        Cinderella,
    I'm sorry for breaking your glass slipper.
    I simply wanted to touch it,
but it tumbled down the steps as soon as I approached it.

    I would have glued it back together
        but it was a safety hazard.

        I tried to Fedex the pieces,
        but I ran out of stamps.

    Please forgive me, my apologies
To me your are princess, even without a glass slipper.

How did you like it? I like writing these because  they can be really funny and they are what I like to call page-fillers. Page-fillers are a kind of writing that you can fill a page with. Also you can write lots of apology poems. Apology poems are a kind of poem that I would keep for forever or share with the world. My question is can you write an apology poems and what do they mean to you or what will you do with them?

1 comment:

  1. FedEx ha hilarious I couldn't say it better myself

    ReplyDelete