Sunday, October 5, 2014

Personal Narrative: Pneumonia

Pneumonia  By: Sofi

I’m in kindergarten. I’m having an OK day at school. I went to the nurses office because I had a headache.
           “I have a Headache.” I said to our school nurse, Mrs. Kennedy. She felt my forehead.
           “You’re burning up!” She exclaimed. “Let me get your temp.”  She walked over to her desk and grabbed a small machine that beeps a lot. She stuck a thin tube into my mouth. Then it made a beep. “One hundred one!” she said worriedly.
           “What’s wrong with me?” I asked, very worried to hear the answer.
           “Nothing’s wrong with you, you just have a fever. I’m going to call your mom to pick you up so you don’t get other kids sick.”  I waited for what felt like an agonizing hour. But just a few minutes later, my mom was almost here. When she got here, she took me straight to the car. While we were on our way to the doctors office, we talked about my day and hers. When we got there, it was empty, so we went right in.
           “So how are you today?” Doc. Buffa  (my doctor)  asked.
           “ Pretty lousy.” I answered glumly.
           “How come?” She said.
           “Sofia has a fever.” My mother answered. So the doctor did some tests and typed things into her computer. Then she took a Q-tip and swabbed. I hate that.
           “Mmhm.” She said.
           “What is it?” My mom asked anxiously.
           “Well, Sofia has Pneumonia.” She said
           “What’s that?” I asked.
           “It’s a sickness.” She said. “You’ll have to stay home the rest of the week.”
(It was Wednesday.)
           “Will I get better?” I asked
           “Yes, just not today.” She answered.
           When we got home that evening I had to lay on the playroom couch, and stay far away from my baby sister. All this week I had sort-of lost my appetite. Days and days would go on like this. I had to take gross medication every day, THREE TIMES! I hated it. Finally, it was my last day of medication. YAY! It was a Friday, so I didn’t have to go to school. (I was still “sick”, but not contagious.) I felt so much better than when it had only first started.   It was now Sunday, last day of my little “vacation”. I was so happy that my Pneumonia was G-O-N-E, gone! I couldn’t wait to go to school tomorrow and see my friends.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sophi I like your writing piece because it is very detailed Taayan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very detailed Sofi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sofi,
    I loved your plot! You had many really good writing elements included!
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment to boost me up a bit.

      Delete
  4. Miguel aka the guy with the neatest handwritingOctober 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM

    I liked the detail, Sofi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great story! I had pneumonia in kindergarden too! Not fun.
    I really like this because I could really picture it in my head and get a clear vision of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your feedback!

    ReplyDelete