Friday, October 10, 2014

Writing: Personal Narratives

Personal Narratives
By Neha


This month we have been writing personal narratives in writing. A personal narrative is a true story about your life. Sounds pretty easy doesn’t it but what makes a good personal narrative is taking a big story picking out a little moment in the story and blowing it up into a full blown story. Then use action, dialogue, and emotions to spice it up. If you are out of ideas asked your parents about stories when you were little, they have got lots. Or get inspiration from some kind of text, the first or last time you did something, when you realized something or list places, people or things that matter to you and write a story from their. Remember the story has to be true to be a personal narrative. What will you write about next?



5 comments:

  1. Neha,
    I love how you described a personal narrative story. It is so true! The next thing I am writing is going to be a book review for the blog! Oh, and also some blog comments.
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miguel aka the guy with the best handwritingOctober 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

    Wow, Neha! I liked how you said practically ALL of the strategies we went over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. My personal narrative story is about me breaking a window again. NOW GO READ IT!!!! People say it is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. neha,
    I loved your whole blog post you covered everything not only in PN but what was asked for in a post too!!
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet all of your PNs are great! I can't wait to read them! I wonder what celebrations we will have?

    ReplyDelete