Thursday, October 2, 2014

Poetry: Odes

My Completely Awesome Poem

By Miguel

This poem is an ode poem.  I thought this poem was unique because ode poems are supposed to be descriptive, And I think mine is.  I like this type of poem because odes let you express what you feel about something, positively and negatively, which can give you many choices.  

Autumn

Autumn, with your crisp air, how I can embrace you!
And cold breath on my cheeks and hands.
You are wonderful,
One of the most wonderful thing there is

Marvelous Autumn, How your breeze surprises trees!
By blowing their old green away to the skies
Fying away, Bye!
And planting new orange, red, yellow, and brown!

Despicable Autumn, with both warm and cold
To help your way through the world.
Without summer or winter you would be like them,
But they make you unique!

Autumn, through my eyes, carpeting the ground with
Leaves, branches, and blowing them to spread them
The place you stand in time will always make you, you!

Because spring has tornadoes,
And Winter's very cold,
But summer has no wind.
You have wind, not too cold, not quite much twisters!

You have a wonderful gift, that's not like summer's gift,
Or winter's gift,
Or spring's gift,
It is your own!

Wind clashing, swishing through the trees
Birds chirping, in your beginning
Some snow falling, to your end.
All of these marvelous things are in you!


I selected this poem because, according to some of my classmates, it was good.  I am proud of the fact thats its an ode poem, I don’t really like writing this type of poetry.  
I think that the best of this poem was the fact that this poem was the poem that took the least time to write, out of all of the poems I’ve written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment