Sunday, March 30, 2014

Genius Hour Learning: Popular Broadway Plays

Popular Broadway Plays by Manny

    Broadway is one of the most successful theatre districts in the world. It has become popular nationwide. People from all over the country and even the world come to see the amazing productions. There have been some controversial ones, bad reviewed plays and such. But then, there are the great ones. The ones that mark history in Broadway and the audience and fans will never forget. That’s what I’m here to talk to you about.
Well, one of the most popular and successful Broadway plays was The Lion King. I watched the original movie and LOVED IT! It was so entertaining and action packed. I’m glad they made a Broadway play about it. The next popular play on Broadway was Wicked. The amazing Idina Menzel was on the Broadway cast, and I heard the play was really good. I was going to watch it, but I couldn’t because of some ticket malfunction. The last popular Broadway play I’m mentioning is the Phantom of the Opera. They made a book, and they made another book, which is the Goosebumps version. The play must’ve been really good, because on the most popular plays on Broadway rankings on Broadway.com, it was like at 12. While The Lion King was 2 and Wicked was 4.
I really want to see a Broadway play, and I have yet to see one. I really hope they make another revival of these plays, because seeing them would be an honor. I wrote about these plays because even though they’re extremely popular, they have messages there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment