Sunday, March 2, 2014

Writing: Tips for Crafting a Story

Tips on Crafting a Story by Manny 

    I have a lot of tips to share with people on things. Usually, they’re writing. But now, I will talk about writing. Writing is amazing and it’s very fun to write! You can be creative with it, and that’s great. So I’m going to talk about tips on crafting a story.
    The first tip on crafting a story is coming up with a genre. Are you going to have fantasy, realistic fiction, or science fiction? You can’t really have all of these, because that is confusing. The next tip on crafting a story is adding good role models for characters. How do you want your characters? This is very important. If you don’t have character growth, or your reader is getting bad messages, you have bad characters. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is the PERFECT example of bad role models. Greg does bad stuff, plays video games day and night, and tries to change his friend Rowley. You may disagree with me, but you need to TRY to focus on the role modeling, not the humor. Lastly, you need a plot. Plots make a story. If your story has no plot, like Sahara Special, then it’s boring.
    Well, those are my tips for crafting a story. I hope you memorize this, and use it to improve your own writing. I write these tips to help people with their reading and writing. So if you use them, I would be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment