Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Book Review: 2014 ALAs

2014 ALA’s by Manny    

    The ALA stands for the American Library Association. They have these big awards for kids’ books made by authors in the previous year. I found this out in Time For Kids. Three big  awards were given out to three different authors. They show uniqueness with their writing. Now, here are the winners.
    The winner for the John Newbery Medal was Kate DiCamillo for Flora and Ulysses. I have never heard of it. Have you ever read any Kate DiCamillo? She wrote Because of Winn Dixie. The next award is the Coretta Scott King Award. It’s an award given out for the best African-American literature. The winner was Rita Williams Garcia for P.S. Be Eleven. I tried to read the first book, but found it extremely slow. The next winner is Brian Floca for Locomotive. Locomotive won the Caldecott Medal. It’s about this train. I’m not sure what else.
    So those are the winners for the ALA’s. I might read some of these books. Are you going to plan on reading any of these? If not, then you should. They sound good. Also, I didn’t describe the books at all so find out, then go to Time For Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment