Friday, February 14, 2014

Writing: A Typical Fantasy, Part 5

A Typical Fantasy: Part 5 by Manny 
    We walked in the room, and we saw the window. I stared at it, wondering if I would fit. I twisted my head to find out, and it did!
    “Oh, thank StarClan!” I said. Jeez, I did not know what I would do if the window was not large enough. I could’ve just broke down the door, but this would be way more fun.
    “What’s StarClan? I’ve never heard of that,” Happy told me.
    “Oh, it’s this group of cats in this series I read.” After that, Happy headed for the window and hopped up, only to be knocked down by the hardness of the window. He slid down on the window slowly as some kids or adults did in the movies. I walked over quickly and used my strength to open up the window.
    “There. Now we’re free!” As I finished saying that, he scurried and I ran to the window. I let Happy go first, since I was a gentlemen. Happy went and jumped out and fell 20 feet. I’m pretty sure he would be okay. He is small, anyways, so…
    Next, I had to jump. I had to be ready. Since I was 5’2, my WHOLE body was gonna hit the snow. I had to do it, so I did it quick. As I did it, the wind was blowing in my face so fast. I felt light in the air, I felt like I could fly. But that feeling stopped as I hit the snow. HARD. It was freezing.
    “Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, COLD COLD COLD!!!” I usually wouldn’t say that like the way I did, but it was so COLD! You would not like to be me. I looked over to my right and saw Happy on his feet.
    “Are you okay?” Happy asked. He must’ve been concerned because he can’t save the forest alone. Also because we’ve grown a small friendship.
    “Yep, I’m good. Thanks for asking”. Happy was a nice squirrel who deserved to have someone on this journey with him, and I am glad I’m that person.
    “Well, we’re out of the house. What do we do now?” Happy asked again.
    “We just head straight for the forest. But faster this time, slowpoke,” Happy told me. And like that, we were taking the next step to our journey. The most important step. We could’ve been running out of time. We hurried. Fast. And we hurried together.
   

1 comment:

  1. HI MANNY!
    I love this book so much! this is the best story EVER!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete