Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Math: Magic of Numbers

Magic of Numbers by Manny

    I love numbers. Do you love numbers? I like to count things a lot. So I’m going to do a number activity. We did this at the beginning of 5th grade. I’m going to think of 5 numbers that relate to me and things and add them up at the end. So I’m going to do it now.


22(my old favorite number)+7(letters in St.Louis)+6(Warriors books I’ve read so far)+8(letters in bathroom)+19(a prime number) and all of that equals……….56!!!!
    See, numbers are really fun to use. And because of that, I’m doing another one!
   
12(letters in Avril Lavigne)+56(number I got added up last game)+20(total number of Avril’s singles)+49(multiple of 7)+2)prime number. Okay, that equals 139! How fun! I love to do this thing.
    Numbers are magical. They have so many ways of twisting and turning and the other way around. It’s so cool! You can practice math and using numbers by playing this game. It’s so fun to get different numbers as a result. You can keep on playing this game if addition is a struggle for you. This shows why numbers are magical. There are many other ways to find out. So go and try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment