Monday, February 24, 2014

Reading to Sookie

Reading to Sookie by Manny 

    During a fun and crazy reading time, Mrs.Barnes took some of the 5B kids to read to Sookie. He/she is a very cute dog, and Sookie got to lay silently on our laps when it was our turn to read to him. I should slow down and tell you it from the beginning. 

    “The next group that’ll be reading to Sookie is Mya, DJ, Steven, Manny, and Quinn.” We all cheered and headed on out. It was a short way down the stairs, and we all raced through the library to read to him. Once we got there, two people needed to read theirs. So they did, and soon the woman talked about the adorable dog. It was exciting, to be in a presence of the cutest dog ever. I volunteered to read first. The lady asked if I wanted Sookie to be on my lap. I answered yes and there he lay, on my lap. I read my page, and I was reading “The Wishing Spell” by Chris Colfer. After I finished, I enjoyed petting Sookie and listening to great books. I thought Sookie was the best dog ever. Did you enjoy reading to him?

1 comment:

  1. HI MANNY!
    I love Sookie so much! I went to read to HER when I was in 3rd grade! She was awesome

    ReplyDelete