Friday, April 4, 2014

100 Word Challenge: Emma

January 16, 3015
My flashlight turns around as I look for any intruders.  Now that I have the night zookeeper job, I have to be aware of anything. I see a movement in the corner of my eye. I spin around and stalk forward. Another movement crosses my face. A blinding light comes and I shield my eyes. The gate starts coming down. I’ve walked into an animal cage!
           I sprint forward trying to reach the gate. The gap gets smaller. I don’t make it. “Hey!” My boss comes sprinting forward. “What are you doing?” He shouts.
“I don’t know but I thought I had enough time!”

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    This is a really excellent piece of writing. I love how you have used lots of short sentences and powerful language. Well done
    Mr Collard Team 100wc

    ReplyDelete