Wednesday, April 16, 2014

100 Word Challenge: Sarah

"Sally come on down, it's time for dinner, and remember Hadley's mom is coming to pick you up in ten minutes."
"Ok mom, coming down. What's for dinner?"
"Pizza," she responds. I race down the stairs to the kitchen table and grab two pieces.
"Woah there, slow down and take a breath, stop eating like a pig," mom said.
"Ok," I say with my mouth full. I sit down and start to eat really slowly, showing her that I'm taking breaths.
"Come on Sally," she reacted. I hear the doorbell ring and my mom says "hurry up."
"What, but I thought I had enough time to eat."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I like how you weaved in the sentence in a clever way. I like how it involves eating and not finishing. Very brilliant! I like how you showed how much the character cares about being finished with everything! -Emma

    ReplyDelete