Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Math: First Ration Lesson

First Ratio Lesson by Manny 

    Our first regular lesson of ratio was on Wednesday. We soon got an idea of how ratio works and such. I loved ratio. I think I’m ready to move on to the next lesson for ratio in math time. I think I got the lesson down pat already! As we move on, it’ll get more difficult. But I’m ready for the math challenge. Are you?
    In our lesson, we went over examples and other stuff like that. Then, we tried to do problems ourselves. We did ratio problems that involve fruit, water and things related to that. A few problems got a little trickier, as we had to use models to show our work. After we were done with that at about 10:40, we went into independent work. We also got our packets given out by the amazing and wonderful Mrs.Barnes. I was feeling good with myself all day with ratio. So I finished page 171-174 quickly. I was so happy when I found out I got everything right when I checked with Samuel. he must’ve gotten everything right, because it seemed like he was checking with Mrs.Barnes. While a few people were still working, Mrs.Barnes told the people that if you were done, then you could do workbook page 209. And that’s what I did. I finished it lickity split. When we had a little time left, we took the Tim and Moby quiz on a video about ratio we watched earlier in class. It was so fun. I had a great time. I canniot wait for the upcoming challenges in ratio. Do you like ratio?

No comments:

Post a Comment