Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Because of Mr. Terupt

Our Read Aloud Book
                          By:Abigail

    During reading we are reading a read aloud book called Because Of Mr.Terupt. It is the best book ever. This book has the chapters told by a different person in the class. HEr are the students in the class and a little about them.
Alexia……… is the diva in this book she likes to wear feather boas and a little pop star lip gloss as she would say. ANd she says the word LIKE a lot.
Luke………. is a very smart kid.  He loves school and loves dollar words* and all that sciencey stuff.
Jessica……. is the new girl. She moved from California and is friends with Anna and Danelle. She loves books and is smart enough to realize not to try to be friends with Alexia because of all of that girl drama.
Danelle…….lives on a farm and has some friendship problems with Alexia. She is kind of friends of Jessica. And just if you were wondering some characters in the book might call her a little chubby. I dont think that is a nice way to describe someone.
Peter…….. likes to go to the bathroom in class a lot and is very naughty and mischievous.
Jeffery…… does not like school and can be a little grumpy. We were left with a cliffhanger when we read Jeffrey's section.
Anna………. is quite when it comes to raising your hand  but is great friends with Jessica. Her mom had her at a young although. But she likes her life. Also she is smart too about not joining Alexia’s group of friends.
P.S. Mr.Terupt is the teacher.
Stay tuned to find out more about these characters.
What character is mostly like you?
*If you want to know what a dollar word is than you can look at previous entries because i have one there that explained what a dollar word is.

3 comments:

  1. How coincidental! I've heard about this book three times this month already! It's on my list of "next" books - thanks for the push! I love finding valuable quotes from books - I wonder what quote you think would be valuable for us to ponder?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, I teach fifth grade in Bellevue Nebraska, and I was intrigued when I saw the title of your post. I too read Because of Mr. Terupt as a read aloud last year in my classroom. Like you my students were also fascinated by the dollar word! I love that a book can take you away from this world and put you into another! Right now we are reading Wonder outloud. Have you read this book? It is on the list of Nebraska's award winners. It is an amazing story, much like Because of Mr. Terupt. I highly recommend it. What else have you read lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ms. Boyce,

      Abby here - I have read Wonder, too, on my trip to Israel. I enjoyed it very much. I felt a lot of empathy for the characters. My teacher, Mrs. Barnes, read and loved the book too - she even cried!
      I really enjoy the Sisters' Grimm series - have you tried that? Also my teacher recommends you read Out of My Mind - it's so good and similar to the others!

      Delete