Thursday, January 23, 2014

Movie Review: Epic

  Epic by Manny 

    Epic was this amazing animated movie I saw before the end of 4th grade. It was about this girl who moves in with her dad. She’s a teen. Her dad is crazy with finding out these little people in the town. He lives close to the woods. No one else lives close around him. So the teen (that’s what I’m calling her since I forgot her name) goes out in the woods and I forgot how this happens, but she turns small. After some ambush, the nice queen dies. And the teen is small with other people. She and 2 snails, along with a guy around her age try to find a way to get her regular sized. The movie was hilarious, adventurous, and great.
    If you have not seen Epic, then watch it. Since I watched last year, my mind is a little rusty and I might not have described well, but don’t let that make you shy away from watching the movie. The movie has humor, like, every line. It’s not like bad humor, but good humor that even made adults laugh during the movie. That says something. Also, Eva and Daboh have watched the movie, too. And they both loved it a lot, just like I did. This movie defines a great plot, an adventurous movie, and emotional depth. The moment where the teen and her dad both made up and hugged was so sweet. This movie does not lack anything, except the fact that the movie is not bad. And that’s a good lack! What great animated movie have you seen?

6 comments:

  1. Hey Manny, how did the nice queen die?

    -Ethan 5-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie!! I watched it on the plane ride to Europe and back. It was really cool. The snail and slug have totally different personalities!! One of them wants to be a leaf man ( a soldier) and another simply just wants to have a girlfriend. I agree with you that people should watch it. What other movies have you enjoyed??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like a great movie! Its got everything you need; humor,romance,action. Will they come out with a 2nd one? What other movies do you suggest?
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a nonviolent ambush, to answer your question, Ethan. This is from Manny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Manny. The queen dies but does not bleed out. Also, I suggest Madagascar 3 or any of those movies. They are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the movie. it really made me laugh at the talking monkey. And how the family gets their food.

    ReplyDelete