Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ski Trip - Hidden Valley

Ski trip at Hidden valley
By Ned

On January 17, 2014 the 5 grade went to hidden valley ski resort!It took us about 1 hour to get there but when we got there it was totally worthwhile.
When we got to the ski lodge we had to watch a safety
video.The video was like 30 minutes long but there was a couple of famous skiers/snowboarders that I had never heard of that were talking.
After all of that stuff we went to the locker place where we got our boots and skies and stuff like that,that took a long time but eventually we got to go outside and do the stations.There were 7 stations.The 1 one was getting your skies on 2 was doing a duck walk then a sideways walk.
If you had skied before you did not have to do all the stations.
After all of the stations I went to the chair lift.When I got to the top I went down the first one I saw which was called Lauren's way, Lauren’s way was a blue (blue means 2 hardest).After that I went to lunch which was pizza,carrots and a root beer.
Then me and my friends started to go down the hard ones like Iceman's ridge which was a black and blacks are the hardest.My favourite run was blue/black which is in the middle of a blue and a black.The run had a lot of jumps on it, I did not land most of them except for the last one which I landed only 1 jump.
That was my favorite run what was your favourite run?
By Ned   

1 comment: