Monday, January 27, 2014

Skiing in Colorado

Skiing in Colorado

Over winter break my family went skiing in winter park,we went to a place called Winter Park.
On Monday December 23 we started skiing.since that was just my second time skiing we had to have a private lesson some skiing guy.
He was nice but since we were not all pros we did not get to do too hard of skiing runs that day.You see a  black diamond at hidden valley is compared to a green in Colorado.
I had not remembered how to ski but when we got there and started doing stuff it was apparently easy!We spent most of the morning learning how to ski.After that we had lunch and started doing the runs.The first one we went on was not very hard I felt like an amazing skier going down the hill. But when we started getting to the harder runs I fell a lot .My favourite run was called Ski Papa.Ski papa took you through the woods and over little jumps, During the whole run I felt like I was going to run into a tree.
The next day we immediately started skiing.The first one we went on took us through the woods a down steeper hills.After that we took the longest ski lift to the top of the mountain.Now this is not the top of a hidden valley mountain this is the top of a Colorado mountain.Right as we got up there it started snowing hard.
We started going down the mountain It was like a blizzard we had to get the bottom as fast as we could.The only problem was you could not see 10 feet in front of you and your goggles were completely fogged up.
I thought I was going to die on the way down or at least break a bone.I did not think any of us would get down there safely. It was skiing through a battlefield.Some how I made it down and survived the day.
Have you ever skied through a blizzard?
By Ned 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun, Ned. And no, I haven't skied through a blizzard. It must of been sort of "I'm going to die!!!!" kind of fun, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have not skied through a blizzard but I do like to snowboard. You did a really good job on your entry. I wish I was there but I will go another time.

    ReplyDelete