Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review: Drama

Drama by Manny

   I’m here to talk about a book I love. It is called Drama by Raina Telgemeier. It’s a graphic novel. Many people have read Smile, which was made by the same author. If you love Smile, read this book! It is about this girl named Callie and she loves theatre. Callie them meets these two boys named Justin and Jesse. They grow to be close friends and practice the play together. Callie is in stage crew and Justin is in the cast. Jesse in the play has to fill in for somebody in the play part of the book.
  If you like Smile and craziness with friends, then this comic is your read! I like how the characters are super complex. Especially Jesse. He is hard to figure out throughout this great book. It is kind of girlish with boy talk and stuff like that, but you’ll get through it. I did. Anyways, the whole plot of the book is awesome. I love how every single word in this book has a meaning. Raina Telgemeier writes books for a purpose, of course. On a scale of 1 to 10,  I would give it a 8 and ½. Only because I finished the book in one night, so it’s kind of goes fast.
 I did like Smile more than Drama but this book sure hits the spot. I am happy that I found out about Raina Telgemeier and her great graphic novels. She makes great plots that people can relate to. I wonder if any of you have read Smile. Well, if you have not, read that and Drama. They are both great books. Have you ever read a comic?

No comments:

Post a Comment